Our spirited child, Ian turned 5 years old today! We celebrated with a few of his friends by taking them, or should I say, trying to take them to see the movie "Alvin and the Chipmunks 2: The Squeakquel," but ran into some problems. I picked up three of Ian's little friends, dropped Mya off with Kenny at work, and took six little boys to the movie. When we arrived for the 4:30 movie the parking lot was packed. I had all the boys holding hands as we went into the theater and the place was swarming with people. I was shocked by how crowded it was for a Wednesday afternoon movie. I took the boys in the room, hoping for seven available seats and there were none! The guy holding the flashlight said he could help me place the kids in different seats, sitting by strangers! He said that if I wanted that many seats together I would have had to arrive two hours early. I thought Heck no...and we were out of there. Drew started crying saying, "I don't want to leave, I like the smell of this place!" Ian was mad because he wanted to see the chipmunks. I quickly put a call into a friend who had the first movie of Alvin and the Chipmunks and moved the movie theater to our house. It all ended up working perfectly. Good thing I bought Kenny a surround sound home theatre system for his birthday. The sound blared, we had all the lights off in the house, we went through five bags of buttery popcorn, drank sodas, had pizza, and watched the silly little chipmunks on our home tv. The boys had a blast and I don't think minded not being in the over crowded theater. When I asked Ian if he enjoyed his party he said, "It was Awesome!" So glad to make him happy.
Five things I LOVE about Ian:
- He is our little comedian! He refers to many people as Stinky Pete and loves to joke about people being Barbies. Somehow this makes other little boys his age crack up.
- He has a sense of adventure. He is not afraid to try anything. He didn't even think twice about jumping off the high diving board at four.
- He is a great helper. In the kitchen with mom, helping dad in the garage, or taking care of Mya, he wants to do it all.
- His eyes sparkle when he is excited and when he is being mischievous.
- He is very empathetic with his siblings. When somebody is sad he is the first to try and make them feel better, as long as he wasn't the one causing the sadness!
WE LOVE YOU IAN & ARE SO GLAD YOU ARE OURS!!!
4 comments:
Way to make a great party happen when a wrench is thrown into your plans!
Happy Birthday to Mr. Ian. He's such a great little kid!
p.s. we went to see the same movie on a wednesday a few weeks ago and the line was CRAZY! The tickets were all sold out too. On their website it says that the box office only open 15 minutes before show time but apparently that's not true :)
way to save the day johanna!so glad it all worked out and ian enjoyed his special day...funny, reading all those traits you like about him, i can't help but think of sila!:) happy #5 ian!
Quick thinking! Maybe movies are better when you have more adults.! Love Ian! He is my worlds favorite 5 year old.
what a fun and crazy b-day memory!
Post a Comment