Friday, January 29, 2010

I took the Pledge!


I watched Oprah and was horrified when I saw the lives who have been lost due to someone texting and driving. More lives have been shattered due to a quick phone call or text than from drunk drivers. I am disappointed in myself because I am one of those people who do text and drive. But I am not that person anymore! I took the pledge and made my van a NO PHONE ZONE. I'm doing it for my children and beg the rest of you to do the same and make your car a NO PHONE ZONE. Take the pledge on oprah.com. A text or phone call is not worth a human life.

4 comments:

Summers Family said...

good for you. my new phone doesn't really allow me to drive and text without putting me and other drivers at risk. It is now illegal in colorado too.:)

{Erica} said...

I watched it and even recorded it for bret to see.

It scared me!

no phone zone = grover's cars!

Babbel Family said...

So happy to hear it. Wish more people would follow suit! I saw a Dr. Phil last year about it and I was sickened.

Pattersons said...

yes! count us in:)