Monday, February 2, 2009

" I don't love it!"


Drew loves to color and draw pictures. However, he gets frustrated if he tries to draw something and it doesn't come out like he envisions it. Lately he has been asking me to draw him pictures, so that he can then color them in. I CAN NOT draw. I have never been good at drawing, unlike my talented sister Carmin and brother Adam who can draw anything. So yesterday Drew came home with a picture he colored at church and told me that I needed to draw Jesus for him. I tried my best to depict our Savior on a piece of paper and his response, "I don't love it, it kinda looks like Mary." He is very critical of my work!

So today Drew was looking through our Hawaii pictures and saw a picture of him holding a macaw. He started begging me to draw him a macaw and I just kept putting him off. Finally he yelled, "I'm getting so angry that someone is NOT drawing me a macaw!" So I did my best to please my son and this is the finished product. He actually liked my macaw!

I told you I was bad!
So now I am on the look out for a book that teaches young children to draw. You know the ones that show you shape by shape what to do. If anyone knows where to get one please let me know.

7 comments:

Laura B. said...

Hey Jo...Emilie's totally into drawing too. We got this book http://www.amazon.com/Wipe-Clean-Animals-Learning-Books/dp/0312494017/ref=sr_1_31?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1233618261&sr=8-31

and it's fabulous. They can draw on the book and wipe it clean. Then when they're more confident they can transfer their drawing skills to the paper!
Em loves it! (and it's great for church!)

Jayme said...

You draw better than I can! I always refer my kids to tommy when they want something drawn.

KC and DL said...

We have this one that helps drawing animals step by step. There is also one to draw people. It is only 5 bucks and I think it is really good. You can totally borrow it to see if you want to buy it. That one Laura has looks cool. I might try that one too.

http://www.amazon.com/Can-Draw-Animals-Usborne-Playtime/dp/0746029438/ref=sr_1_18?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1233631609&sr=1-18

Darcy Case said...

Jo, I really liked your Macaw. I think you have a real talent, don't give up!

{Erica} said...

The one that Dana Lee suggested is awesome. After we left their house I added it to my list of books I want for the girls. They have books like that (step by step) for disney characters too.

I think that's hillarious that he thought Jesus looked like Mary...that's probably what my girls would say to me if I attempted to draw Jesus.

p.s. your Macaw looked great...at least he didn't think it looked like Mary :)

Pattersons said...

your macaw was awesome! mine would've had stick legs, wings, everything. you did good johanna:)

Summers Family said...

I love Drew! Can you send him to Denver to visit?