Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine Sweetheart!


My husband is truly amazing and I love him more and more each day! We celebrated our 8th Valentines Day together and it was by far the best one yet. He continues to keep surprises in our marriage and to think of me before himself. So yesterday morning, I woke up early and made him homemade buttermilk biscuits (in the shape of hearts), with sausage and gravy. I served it with fresh strawberries and his favorite V8 Juice. The way to my husband's heart is through his stomach! What does he do for me?....He surprises me with tickets to a Martina McBride concert! He informs me of this just as we are getting off the exit!!!! He told me he was taking me out to the Cheesecake Factory down in the desert and forgot what exit it was, but that he printed out directions, he flips on a light and hands me the tickets. I started screaming with excitement and immediately called my sister Carmin and parents to tell them the great news!

Martina McBride is by far my all time favorite musician. I first fell in love with her music when I was a young girl in middle school and watched her video, "Its Independence Day" on CMT. I have since then attended 5 of her concerts and danced my first dance with Kenny, as husband and wife to "There You Are." My parents bought me and three friends tickets to a Martina McBride concert for my 13th birthday. That was also probably one of the best birthdays I can remember. While living in Manhattan, KS attending KSU, I also had the opportunity to attend three concerts. Two were at the Country Stampede, which is where a lot of country singers come and perform, while people camp and party for a week. I went with Kenny to one of those. My fourth concert I went to was extremely special because my sister Carmin surprised me with tickets for her and I. It was right before I was leaving to go Nanny in Connecticut, so she got them simply because she too is an amazing person. It was this concert that I actually got to hold (literally) Martina McBrides hand! My sister and I snuck past security guards and were standing right in front of the stage, she bent down to shake my hand and I grabbed it and yelled, "I LOVE YOU!" My sister thought I looked like a crazy psycho stalker! Martina did not venture over to our side of the stage as much after that. Carmin thought I probably scared her. So my 5th concert will be known as a Valentines surprise from my thoughtful and loving husband. I cherish him so much and feel so blessed to have him as my true love! I have to stop because he will already be upset by how I've gushed about him! So thank you family for making such special memories for me! I love you all. XOXO

6 comments:

Babbel Family said...

I love Martina too! I would love to see her in concert just 1 time! You are a spoiled girl!

Gabriela Hull said...

What a fun surprise!!

{Erica} said...

Props to Kenny...that's an awesome gift for you!

Pattersons said...

go kenny! and go martina!

Darcy and Shawn Patterson said...

Yeah!!! I love Martina... Kenny has been quite impressive!! And her pants were weird! :)

Christine said...

How Awesome..and you mentioned you wanted to go so bad...what a great hubby !!!