Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Ian's First Day of Preschool!!!

Ian has been asking since Drew started preschool two years ago, when it was his turn to go to school. Everyday when I dropped Drew off, he too would want to stay and go to school! Well, today Ian attended his first day of preschool and was just thrilled to be going.



Ian's favorite part of the day was playing playdough and playing with his good friend Tanner Harris. When it was time to go home he said, "I am just going to miss Tanner so much." Which is hilarious because they just spent the whole day before playing together.

When I picked him up I asked his teacher how he did and she told me that he was really shy at first. I was like, "seriously?" I have never been told by anyone that Ian is shy. He is my spunky, loud, outgoing child that never sits still. Oh well, I'm sure he was only shy today, I'm sure he'll make up for his shyness by next class and be twice as exuberant.
And yes, while my two older boys were away learning, Owen was peacefully taking a morning nap and I had 2 1/2 hours to myself! I was actually a little weirded out by how quiet it was in our house. I did successfully dust, vaccum, clean windows, and pick-up toys in the loft. Oh how grand my life is!

7 comments:

Debbie said...

Now that's awesome, a quiet house and no kids to interrupt. Enjoy it for me.

Pattersons said...

yeah-enjoy it for me too. good job at practice tonight, you're so going to be ready for hawaii!

Darcy Case said...

Enjoy the quiet! It's sooooo nice.

Jayme said...

I LOVE school! There are some pretty good kids at preschool. :)

Stephanie said...

How funny...Deklan had his first day of preschool too! And the two hours were a little strange. Strange it a very good way :)

KC and DL said...

I'm jealous! Ian shy? He seemed pretty confident to me! I love preschool.

Summers Family said...

Look at those AWESOME shoes! I love Ian!