Our first adventure in Colorado was hiking Hanging Lake. I had never hiked up there before, so Kenny sent me with Drew and his sisters, while he stayed back with Ian, Owen, & his parents. Drew was so excited to go "up the mountain" as he called it and wanted to be the leader. He has always been nicknamed as our "little wilderness boy" because he loves to be out in nature and has incredible endurance. I was so proud of him as he led all of us girls up the trail. He was so cute as he called out to us, "Come on girls!" He never once wanted help as he climbed up and over huge rocks and never asked what direction to go.


The view at the top of Hanging Lake was breathtaking! I definitely want to hike up there again someday with the rest of my boys.


Our next adventure entailed an eleven mile bike ride along the Colorado River. I was a little doubtful before we started that I would even be able to ride that far, but it was surprisingly not that bad and probably the highlight of my week! We had Kelly and Clarissa meet us with Drew and Ian when we were half-way done so they could ride with us too. The boys made it 2 miles before we decided that was long enough for Ian. He had some tears at the end and a lot of complaining of how hot he was. Luckily, Aunt Carol had her camel back to entice him with water every five feet he rode. We did get chewed out by one biker who sternly told us to stay on our side of the trail when Ian was having one of his meltdowns. By the end of Ian's two miles he was walking his bike and ran into grandpas' arms when he saw him!




We had many other fun adventures while in Colorado. I will post a "Colorado Adventures part 2" in the future! Thanks Summers' Family for all the wonderful adventures and special memories made!
1 comment:
Looks like lots of fun. Hanging lake is so beautiful, it is a fun hike!
Post a Comment