Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Mad House

So I have been told by many friends that I have to read the Stephenie Meyer books, "Twilight." I am not really into fantasy books and there was so much talk about Vampires and Werewolves that I kept putting it off. I am a sucker for a good romance though and I was reassured that I would not be disappointed in the love saga of Bella and Edward. A friend brought the books to me on Thursday and I have not put them down. I am hooked and finished reading the first two books in 3 days. I started reading at night and did not put the book down until 1:00 in the morning and then woke up at 5:30 in the morning to start reading again before the boys woke up. I have totally neglected my husband, children, and all other household duties in order to keep reading. I can't wait to see the movie that comes out in December and to finish the next two books. I am also on the look out for any Vampires that might be lurking around the area!!!


I put my children safely in front of the t.v. to watch while I read upstairs. I came down after an hour to check on them and I found Ian eating granola on the couch. He said, "Mommy I just wanted a snack."


My boys just hanging out playing a little ball while I continued reading in another room.


Drew and Ian decided to get out several games and puzzles, all while I was in the other room reading about Bella trying to convince Edward that it is in her best interest to be turned into a vampire.

Somehow I have been able to completely ignore the sounds and questions coming from my children and husband. They will all be glad when I finish the series so our lives can go back to normal. Sorry family for not calling at all these last couple of days...I've been tied up!

9 comments:

Babbel Family said...

I feel your pain. Dan totally rips on me for reading these books. I am almost done with the newest one! My house goes to pot when I get into a book.

Big D said...

So that picture of Kenny playing ball with the boys, where they naked? Granted I have all girls in my house but I didn't know that one could play basketball naked. See I miss out on all the good stuf, with girls.

KC and DL said...

I've been there. Give me a call when you finish. We can discuss the good stuff!

johanna said...

Yes Big D they are naked, which I didn't even realize until you pointed it out. My boys are happiest in the nude, they get it from their dad!

Cat Summers said...

Really you posted a naked picture of your boys on the internet? According to SVU Law and Order it might be considered child porn. Bold. I love their tall basketball hoop. We will have to have a big game when I come down there for fall break. The boys can be skins.

Summers Family said...

Did Drew start Kindergarten yet? Did I miss it?

Vivian Campbell said...

yup! that's how good those books are!

Jayme said...

I have heard the books are fabulous. I have not read any of them because I will not do anything else until I am finished reading. I did not notice that your kids were naked.

Darcy and Shawn Patterson said...

welcome to the world of chaos... that is what my apartment looks like daily!!