Saturday, November 16, 2013

{Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow}

Our first Colorado Snow brought a lot of EXCITEMENT!!!
 The flurries started falling and Mya was outside to greet the snow!

 We woke up Saturday morning to a blanket of white fresh snow covering the field.  The kids treated it like Christmas morning and were eager to go outside before the sun even came up!  I wouldn't let them go out before 7am!

 Drew kept eating the snow, so I gave him the quick lesson on not eating yellow snow!

 Who said trampolines are only fun in good weather?!!!!

We weren't fully prepared for snow.  We had bought heavy jackets and gloves, but were waiting on snow pants and boots.  The snow came earlier than we thought, so we had to resort to plastic bags to cover the kids shoes!
 The dogs were trying to sled with the kids too!

 I LOVE this picture even though it is blurry!  Looks at those happy faces!

 My little snow Angel!

 Owen and Mya worked hard on constructing Mr. Snow Man!
Owen was quite proud of his creation!
 Attempting to crawl through the snow!

 Kenny constructed our outdoor dogs there own straw igloo to keep them warm this winter.  Cassie preferred sitting on top of it and keeping watch.  Unfortunately, the Colorado cold was too much for our old arthritic black labs, so they are now sleeping inside at nights.  I never would have allowed it if I didn't  wake up to seeing them hardly able to move outside.  My tender side go the best of me and I told Kenny they needed to be brought inside at nights.....very uncharacteristic of me!

 Leo bearing the cold!

We spent the afternoon sledding down a friends icy drive way and then went in for hot chocolate.  It was a wonderfully, cold, fun day!!!

The boys are still praying for a snow day!!!

No comments: