Monday, September 9, 2013

{Service}

In the Book of Mormon, we read in Mosiah 2:17: "When ye are in the service of your fellow beings, ye are only in the service of your God."  I love this scripture and feel strongly that it is important to teach my children to serve others.  I know that the Lord blesses us when we serve.

A woman from our new ward, Sister Gunderson, got into a serious bike accident.  She bruised her spinal cord, leaving her unable to use her arms and legs.  We have been praying for her recovery and I was hoping to find some way in which we could help their family.  

On Sunday they announced that Sister Gunderson's, garden needed weeded, and vegetables picked.  I jumped at the chance to go and to take my kids there so we could serve her family.  We went for Family Home Evening to her home and the kids had a great experience learning about a garden and felt good about being able to serve.

Owen dug potatoes up and was shocked that they came from under the ground!




The boys favorite part was picking the carrots!  


I can't wait to grow our own garden some day and to have so much yummy produce right out my front door!  

No comments: