Being so far away from home and family makes me sad. I wish I could just bring them back to CA with me in my suitcase.
Wednesday, April 20, 2011
KS Trip - Take 2
We had a little bit of free time to play during our quick trip back to Kansas. Carmin and I took our girls to a fun children's museum in Kansas City, where Mya loved riding on a tractor, milking a cow, and collecting eggs from the chickens.
At night we had some major jam sessions, to classical music!
The Bieberly girls dance before they go to bed, but Mya and cousin Brynlee liked being swung and twirled all around better.
Of course it was more fun being dipped at the same time.
So after losing my grandpa Scott, I realized that I only have one remaining grandparent living. I wanted to make sure and visit with my grandpa Elliott while I was in town. I was glad to see him walk up our driveway, without his cane, for a surprise visit at the end of the day. When I asked him where his cane was he replied, "I don't want to forget it somewhere so I leave it at home where it can't get lost!" We later got a call from his assisted living home, wondering if we had seen him. I guess he was Missing In Action and they were getting ready to report it to the police! He didn't realize that he wasn't "free" to leave without signing out. After he realized he got himself in trouble, he said he had to go and peeled away like a teenager late for his curfew!
Mya was happy to see her Great Grandpa Elliott too and did what she does best, giving hugs!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
such a sweet pic. of mya and grandpa elliot:)
Post a Comment