Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Owen and Dogs

So today Owen had some very close encounters with dog. Not actually the four legged furry creatures, but with what the furry creatures produce. I noticed his shoes while at the park covered in something brown. Not only was it on his shoes, but it was also on his legs and hands! I made Shawn Patterson smell it to confirm and yes it was indeed dog poop, not mud. I spent the next twenty minutes wiping down Owen with a baby wipe and using a stick to wipe dog poop out of his shoes. DISGUSTING!!! We got home and I immediately slipped his shoes off in the garage. The boys then ventured into the backyard while I nursed Mya. Kenny comes in for lunch, looks out the back, and asks me why Owen is outside with no pants on. I reply that I don't know and go back to Mya, thinking, I'll let Kenny deal with this one. He goes outside and Owen announces he went pee-pee on the tree, excellent I think in my head this is why I love having boys, I don't have to take them to the bathroom. Then Kenny notices our dogs licking at something in the grass, he goes closer to the unidentified object in the yard, looks down at it and starts yelling at the boys, "Who pooped in the grass?" Owen starts shaking his head up and down and announces, "I poop in the grass!" So then I spend the next twenty minutes bathing him in the bath, again cleaning up poop! I guess in Owen's world if dogs can poop in the grass than why can't he. So lets all do our part people and clean up after our animals and I will try to do the same for my son!

2 comments:

Summers Family said...

Ah, reminiscent of my experience with Owen and an after nap accident. I sure love that guy!

Pattersons said...

come on johanna-he was only doing what the dog did! too smart that owen boy is:) i laughed out loud:)