Saturday, November 21, 2009

And the BEST Uncle award goes to......

Drum roll please, Uncle Gabi! Ian has become a little obsessive with sending letters in the mail to Catherine's new husband Gabi, to the point where Gabi feels like he has a stalker. Ian will color or scribble a picture for him, throw in some money (only pennies I think), write on the envelope his name, randomly place a stamp on the envelope, and beg to go to the mailbox. One day he sent out three letters to Gabi in one day! In almost every letter he sends he asks for Gabi to send him money and to write him back. Now I don't understand why he has chosen to harass Gabi because both Grandma and Ge have sent him letters and money, plus have more money than the newly married, struggling through law school guy, but for some reason his letters keep being sent to Uncle Gabi. Every night Ian runs to the mailbox in hope of getting a letter from Gabi. He has even called him and told him that he needs to send him one, but almost every night we have had to tell him that he didn't get any mail. His response, "Gabi is not a good mail sender!" So last night I opened the mailbox and what did I see? A letter addressed to Ian from Uncle Gabi. I handed it to Ian and he said, "Is this for me?" He quickly opened it with so much excitement and exclaimed, "This is so Awesome!" Gabi had made his day, week, month! Gabi sent Ian a Transformers coloring page, a coupon for pizza, a sweet note, and a check for $5.00! I told him he needed to call Gabi and tell him thank you and so he did, but when he called him he said, "You are a stinky Pete and can you send me $100 next time!?" Ian is such a character, but so is Gabi, really they are like on the same level, that is why I think Ian adores him so much. Thank you Gabi for being such a fun uncle and for making Ian so Happy!


So just as I pushed the publish post button Ian came up to me with $260.00 I had hidden, obviously not well, and said, "I need an envelope because I need to send Gabi some money!" He was very mad when I took it from him and told him to go find some coins. I'm going to have to start checking his envelopes before he seals them!

3 comments:

Cat Summers said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cat Summers said...

I think you should listen to your son and send the money. Its what he wants.

Stephanie said...

Where's the love for the Dunns? Show me the money Ian or else Sadie is all Drew's!