Saturday, April 28, 2012

{Rollin on By}

Ian received a pair of rollerblades from his friend and has been practicing for weeks. He has been polishing his skills by rollerblading throughout our kitchen.  He zooms around holding on to the table, chairs, and countertops for support.  I told him that when he was able to get his balance down, that he and I could go on a rollerblading date!
While I was rubbing his back one night, he asked me if I was ready for our date.  He told me he was ready to go, so we set a time to go on Saturday.  I dusted off my rollerblades and off we went.

He was pretty impressed with his old mom!  I showed him how I could rollerblade backwards and jump off a curb and lets just say that I moved up a couple notches in the "Cool Mom Department" in his eyes!
We rollerbladed all around our neighborhood and I held his hand to offer him some support, but really to just steal the chance of being close with my little boy who is growing up way to fast!
As we rollerbladed we talked.  I told him how his dad bought rollerblades for himself while he was in college because he knew I liked to rollerblade.  And how we spent hours rollerblading all over town and even wore our rollerblades into our favorite Chinese restaurant to eat.  I explained to Ian that it was a fun and creative date and that someday he will plan creative dates for a girl he likes.   I then told him about Kenny and I climbing a water tower after we had spent the day rollerblading and how his dad asked me to marry him on the water tower underneath the stars.   He told me that he was going to take his girlfriend rollerblading someday too.  I hope he does :)
Ian did well rollerblading and only tripped twice.  We had a great time laughing, talking, and skating around!  I Love Ian and love the one-on-one time I am able to spend with him.  He is going to be quite the catch someday to some lucky girl!  He is witty, smart, enthusiastic, cute, is a great cook, & likes to clean toilets....what else could a girl ask for?!!!   I'm training him now.....

No comments: