
Today I am grateful for visiting teaching. It is something that I need to work on myself, but I am appreciative to my visiting teacher, Amber. She checks on how I am doing monthly and gives me an uplifting message. She always brings me something special when she comes & I always look forward to the treats she brings me! On Saturday she brought me this beautiful bouquet of flowers and a plate full of pumpkin muffins!
A quick story I want to remember, so I am documenting it here:
Last month I was in Walmart running through to grab one item as my family waited for me. As I ran to the speedy checkout I noticed crates full of corn and thought how if I had more time, I would have loved to pick up some corn on the cob. I left the store without thinking twice about the corn. The next day I went to a bridal shower and was sitting there still thinking about and craving corn on the cob. I was planning on going home after the shower to cook dinner for my family and knew the corn would be a great addition to the meal. Plus my kids love it as much as I do! However, I did not want to have to go back to the store since I was already running late to get home and start cooking. Well as I left the bridal shower I was still debating as to whether or not I should go grab some corn. As I walked to my car, I saw a bag hanging from the mirror. As I looked inside, I was shocked to see several ears of corn! I seriously got tears in my eyes, knowing that this act of kindness was truly inspired! There was no note to say who they were from, but I quickly said a little prayer thanking the person who left me the corn. We ate our corn for dinner that night and I told my family the story about the corn. The next day was Sunday, & I saw my visiting teacher Amber in the hallway. She came up to me and asked if I got the corn that she left for me by my car after the bridal shower. I hugged her and related the past events about wanting corn. She then told me how she too was in the store and as she walked past the corn, she felt a strong urge to buy me some! She said she almost didn't get it because she thought that was a weird gift to bring me, but she followed that prompting anyway. I am so grateful that she did! I appreciated that small gesture of corn more than she will probably ever realize, because it taught me to make sure and listen to the Holy Ghost at all times, even if it is for something as small as corn. I am so blessed to have Amber as my visiting teacher and am inspired to do a better job myself visiting the wonderful ladies of our ward.
2 comments:
Thank you so much! Tears came down! That means so much to me you have no idea:)
Love you johanna
What an awesome story! What an awesome Visiting Teacher :)
Post a Comment