Thursday, November 10, 2011

{Ian's the Star!}

This week Ian was chosen to be the Star of the week at school in his 1st grade class. He created an All About Me poster that he then was able to share with all of his friends. Other privileges that he got to do were: line leader, calendar, and teacher's helper. He was pretty excited, so I asked him if he would like me to come to lunch one day, so that I could celebrate with him. He loved my idea and kept asking me daily when I was going to come and eat with him at school. I am so grateful that my son is still at the age where he loves his mommy & isn't embarrassed to be seen with me. He wasn't shy to hold my hand or to give me hugs. He also wanted to carry the money, because he wanted to buy me lunch! I love how affectionate and sweet he is!
Ian is my most social child and all of his little friends were pretty cool! The little girl pictured here is Katelyn, who as we stood in line told me, "I love your boots and your necklace!" She won me over quickly and easily, & I think she's won over Ian too! Katelyn I learned is the girl that chases Ian all during recess and I think he has his first crush! After we went through the line there was a table of boys that were calling for Ian to come sit by them. Katelyn was at another table that was empty & Ian stopped, looked at all the boys, & then at Katelyn, & proceeded to go and sit by her! I just followed him & didn't say a word. As soon as we sat down, all the boys that were at the other table, had carried their food over to sit with us. It was fun to sit and socialize with the 1st graders! When we finished eating I bought Ian a smelly good pencil and we then went and jumped rope. I had the most jumps! We tried to get in on some tether ball action, so I could teach him all I know, but the lines were too long.

Our hot lunch: salad, fruit, chicken sandwich, & milk! Similar to what I used to eat when I was a kid, but now they use styrofoam plates that they throw away and the milk is served in a plastic bag. In my opinion I think the cartons were definitely more fun! I did splurge & get chocolate milk like I did in the good old days when I was in elementary school.
Ian will always be a star to me!!!! I love this little boy so much and am so grateful that he loves me too! I just hope that he shy's away from girls when he is a teenager or we are in big trouble!

No comments: