Friday, September 17, 2010

Birthday Boy!

Exactly 7 years ago Kenny & I brought into this world our first beautiful baby boy! It was a day I will always cherish, the day I became a mother. I felt at peace bringing him home. I really didn't have any first time mommy jitters. I was so ready and excited to raise this child.


Our Family in 2003

My 7 year old today!

He asked for a big bike and an animal in a cage, either a snake, turtle, or fish. He got the bike.


I love making a hearty, healthy breakfast for my kids before they go to school. Usually we have eggs, oatmeal, homemade waffles, or french toast, and always a piece of fruit. So I was surprised when Drew asked, "Mom can I have Cheerio's with color for breakfast?" I decided then that I would carry on a tradition that my mom had for us as a child and let my kids pick out any box of cereal they wanted for their birthday. It was hard for me to buy colored & sugary cereal, but worth it for a Birthday Breakfast! (We did still have fruit and OJ)


Drew rode his new bike around the cul-de-sac before leaving for school.
Ian jumped on his bike too and started complaining how little his bike was. I think we'll have to get him an upgrade for Christmas.

For lunch he requested pizza. To find the coolest lunch box ever look here: http://www.gogreenlunchbox.com/ We love ours and are using it for the second year in a row.

I took popsicles to Drew's class to celebrate and his teacher made him dance while they sang to him.

Drew Facts at age 7:
He LOVES Super Mario Kart and always wants to be Yoshi
He talks trash when he beats anybody he is playing, especially Kenny
He wants to be a Fire Fighter when he grows up
He always eats his veggies and often requests for more salad :)
He loves climbing mountains, running, riding bikes, & basketball
He likes to read the "Little Critter" series and "Fly Guy"
He can spend hours building some of the most detailed train set & block structures
He is always saying to Mya, "Ahhh, your so beautiful!"
He is a great big brother
He loves for me to rub his back when he is going to sleep


We love you Drew so much and are so thankful that you are apart of our family. We can't wait to see how much you grow and change over this next year.





No comments: