I really cannot believe that I have a son old enough to be in first grade! I am amazed how quickly my children are growing up. Drew was excited about going back to school because he now gets to play on the "Big" kids playground. He was very brave. I was most nervous about him eating lunch there. I spent a lot of time finding him the perfect lunchbox and packing him a good healthy lunch...and he didn't eat it! He was too excited about going outside to play that he decided that lunch wasn't really all that important. When asked about his day, his response, "It was fine." I can't wait to have a girl that will actually "talk" to me about whats going on in school. He did say today that he likes his teacher and his favorite thing to do is go play outside...surprise...surprise!
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
First Day...First Grade!
I really cannot believe that I have a son old enough to be in first grade! I am amazed how quickly my children are growing up. Drew was excited about going back to school because he now gets to play on the "Big" kids playground. He was very brave. I was most nervous about him eating lunch there. I spent a lot of time finding him the perfect lunchbox and packing him a good healthy lunch...and he didn't eat it! He was too excited about going outside to play that he decided that lunch wasn't really all that important. When asked about his day, his response, "It was fine." I can't wait to have a girl that will actually "talk" to me about whats going on in school. He did say today that he likes his teacher and his favorite thing to do is go play outside...surprise...surprise!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So funny. Just a little FYI, everyday when my kids get home I ask the same question and get the same response.
oh johanna...i can't wait for you to have a girl too! mese had the same response as drew-fine. but now sila's in school and boy does she have a lot to say about kindergarten! and i love it:)yay for drew and first grade!!!
Post a Comment