Friday, May 29, 2009

Read, Read, Read!

Last weekend we had the wonderful opportunity to drive down to Arizona and see the opening of the Yuma library. Our good friend, Erik Dunn, was the project manager of this great library and did a fabulous job. Kenny and I were both very impressed by the size and the celebration of the library. There was even a fireworks display at the end. Drew and Ian were mostly excited to hang out with Sadie and Deklyn and to meet baby Sophie, but loved touring the children's section of the library. They read inside a cave, a tree, and in little chairs. Each of them got to take home a new book.
Reading in the starlit cave!


Drew, Owen, Deklyn, Ian, & Sadie


Ms. Sadie reading to the boys.

The boys LOVE Sadie and often fight over who is going to marry her. I did find this on my mantel after she left that I have documented and dated and put in Drew's scrapbook...just in case it comes true! Its hard to read but it says, "I love Druw and Ian and they want to marry me and I will marry Druw." So cute!

After Yuma, we traveled down to San Diego with the Dunns, to swim at the beach. The kids all had a blast splashing in the waves and watching seals swim around the pier. We always have a great time with the Dunns! Thank you for being such good friends.

3 comments:

Pattersons said...

so cute! that girl knows a good boy(and eventually man) when she sees one:)

Gabriela Hull said...

I'm from Yuma! I've been to that library many a time. That's so funny. Is that where your friends live, too?

Babbel Family said...

No fair! That would have been super fun. Awesome library, we have a great one here too that I will miss when we move!