Saturday, January 11, 2014

{Kindred Spirits}

When we first moved to Colorado, one of the first families to invite us over were the Hillans.  They are a super fun and sweet family with two daughters.  I was worried my boys would be bored at their house with only "girly" things to do, but oh was I wrong!

Ian hit it off immediately with Hanna, who is his same age.  They were outside playing together during most of the evening and he taught her how to play mine craft.  After Christmas Ian discovered Hanna received a bow and arrow and was eager to try it out.  We invited her over for a play date, which made me nervous, but also incredibly excited!  I couldn't wait to see how Ian would act around a girl.  
 Hanna is an angel!  She is a spunky little sweetheart!

 She taught Ian all she knows about shooting her bow and arrow.


 He showed off his new BB gun that he got for Christmas and together the two of them had a blast target practicing.


Everyone wanted to try out Hanna's new toy!


 Ian took Hanna on a hike through our "forest" and would patiently hold back tree branches for her to go under or offer her his hand as she crossed the water.  Kenny and I were with them and just looked at each other in awe!  We had never seen this tender side of Ian before, and I must admit that I was pretty proud of him!!!!


Ian and Hanna are so much alike and had so much fun together that I hope their friendship will continue to blossom.

No comments: