Friday, November 2, 2012

{Soccer Season Comes to a Close}

 I am sad to see the end of another soccer season!  My boys all played awesome this year and continue to improve.  Their love for the game also continues to grow!  We celebrated each boys soccer team with pizza parties all on the same day, so we had to divide and conquer to be able to attend each party.

I am grateful for our wonderful neighbors, the Garrets, who helped us get Ian to and from practices and who took him to his end of the season party.  Ian and Tristan have played soccer together since they were 4 and they are great buddies!   Ian and Tristan towered over their team mates and led their team to many wins!  I have loved watching these two play together.




I attended Drew's party, because they had the best pizza!  He was in an older division this year and the intensity of the game was definitely increased.  We loved it even more!  Drew is on the smaller size for his age, but he is fierce and super competitive!  Each time he made a goal, he was jumping up on top of the players and giving high five's to his team mates.  He also did several headers, which earned him several bags of skittles from dad!  Drew thrives on the soccer field and it makes me so happy!







Owen deserved a trophy for, "Most Improved!"  Last year he would do somersaults on the field and pick the grass.  We debated to whether or not to have him play this season, and I'm glad we did!  Even though he never scored a goal, he played each and every game aggressively and was a great defender!  He enjoyed getting to play and was super excited about getting a trophy and a soccer ball bank.


Kenny and I are so proud of our little soccer players! It was a great season and we are grateful to the wonderful coaches who worked with our kids.  It is time to move on....basketball season starts in 2 weeks!

No comments: