Thursday, July 5, 2012

{Independence Day}

We had a wonderful 4th of July! It started with the annual Patriotic Patterson Pancake breakfast at the park, where we devoured yummy food and enjoyed spending time with friends. We stayed at the park until it was time for lunch, which I didn't want to have to cook, so next I took the kids dressed up as Spiderman to Carl's Jr..  Carl's Jr. has a new grilled cheese sandwich with bacon on it and was giving it away for free to those dressed up as Spiderman, to promote the "Amazing Spiderman" movie and the new sandwich.  We have plenty of spiderman costumes, so of course we took advantage of a free lunch!

The Headley kids came along too.

Owen and Anderson....Spiderman's biggest fans!

Mya loved the finger licking good sandwiches!


After lunch we went with the Westbrook's up the mountain to Idyllwild to hike in the river.   Ian spent the afternoon with his friend Max, so he wasn't with us during the hike. 




We had a great time being out in nature until I stepped into stinging nettle, which burns like crazy!  Poor Ryan had Mya wrapped around his neck, while holding Quinn and his fishing pole, trying to climb back down the rocky river bank to the cars, while I hopped from rock to rock on one foot.  Kenny was helping the younger boys down the rocks.  It made for quite an adventure!  **Stay away from stinging nettle, its nasty stuff!**

After downing some tylenol and soaking my foot in cold water, we were off to the Hershel's/ Patterson's 4th of July party.  They always have the best parties, with games for all the kids, yummy food, face painting, and a balloon lady.  The kids won tickets and were able to cash them in at a rewards table.  It was so much fun!

Bella & Mya
Patriotic Duo 


 There were little girls running all around with beautiful butterflies on their faces with glitter, so I thought Mya would love to have her face painted too.  I was taken back, for just a moment, when the lady asked her what she wanted and she enthusiastically responded, "Captain America!"  I was a little surprised in her choice, but I guess she fits in well with her Super Hero Brothers!

We watched the cities fireworks display with friends and then crashed after our long fun day!


I am so grateful to live in a free country and for all of the service men and women who protect our nation everyday,  and especially for those who have lost their lives doing so.  God Bless You All!

No comments: