It is one of our family traditions to drive around and look at Christmas lights and decorations. We use this to our advantage to get our children to eat, and we go out almost every other night looking at different areas of town. For Drew, this is a BIG deal! He loves any outdoor holiday decorations and will tell people, "You don't have very many," if the decorations are not up to his standards. I try to appease him and buy a couple of decorations to add to our collection each year, but he is still not pleased with our own house. He wishes our house looked like my friend Julie's house because she has about 20 inflatables or as he refers to them "blow up things" in the front of her house! I am completely against those things! I told him when he has his own house, he can decorate it any way he wants.
But oh NO...Drew took it to the next level! He asked Santa for blow up things!!!! What is a mom to do? Do I go against all I believe in, so that his Christmas wish will come true?
The day before Christmas I went out to buy stocking stuffers and was still torn about Drew's request for inflatibles and keeping with my own decorating standards. I decided to check out Walmart and much to my surprise they were already sold out. The same went for Home Depot and I was a little relieved, but pleased with myself for at least trying. I ran to the dollar store and much to my surprise they had mini christmas inflatibles for $1.00!!! Jackpot!!!!! No they aren't bigger than me, like he would want, but a compromise I hope he is okay with.
But oh NO...Drew took it to the next level! He asked Santa for blow up things!!!! What is a mom to do? Do I go against all I believe in, so that his Christmas wish will come true?
The day before Christmas I went out to buy stocking stuffers and was still torn about Drew's request for inflatibles and keeping with my own decorating standards. I decided to check out Walmart and much to my surprise they were already sold out. The same went for Home Depot and I was a little relieved, but pleased with myself for at least trying. I ran to the dollar store and much to my surprise they had mini christmas inflatibles for $1.00!!! Jackpot!!!!! No they aren't bigger than me, like he would want, but a compromise I hope he is okay with.
Christmas morning Drew came down to find his infatibles and he questioned them asking, "Why are these small ones?" I did as any mom would and threw the blame back on Santa Clause! I hope these mini inflatibles will tide us over for next year...we will see!
We enjoyed celebrating this wonderful time of year and reflecting on the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ. We hope you all had a joyous Christmas and a Happy New Year.
1 comment:
so funny! glad drew was content with his mini blow up things:)
Post a Comment