Friday, July 24, 2009

Way to Go Owen!!!!

My to-do list before our little girl arrives is quite lengthy. Not only do I have to get her room all ready, buy her clothes (this requires a lot of shopping and $), but I have to update all the boys photo albums, scrapbooks, finish remodeling our 1/2 bathroom, and potty train Owen. I am quite pleased to announce though that I can check off my list...potty train Owen! We always potty train our kids when they turn two, so when we returned from our vacation we said "good-bye" to diapers and "hello" to big boy underwear. He has done great with only a few accidents. However, one was a very sticky and messy disaster as he decided to poop in our upstairs loft and then proceed to walk in it and down the stairs. Luckily he did this right at five o' clock and daddy had just come home and was able to help with the clean up. Besides that mess it has been smooth sailing. I'm just so thankful I won't have to deal with two kids in diapers. Unfortunately, we will continue to fill up the landfill and pay for diapers for our newest one.

Potty training in process....Day 1. He loves to watch "Choo-Choo," otherwise known as "Thomas the Train" while working his magic! Hey whatever works.
Our Super, Silly Big Boys! They just finished running around in the sprinklers in their underwear, at least they weren't completely naked!

5 comments:

Pattersons said...

boy, i should send nani over to your house! i tell you, girls are no walk in the park:) but you'll find out for yourself soon enough:) hooray for owen!!!

MisDirectedMama said...

Owen is so cute! I can't wait till your little girl is born!

The Expatts said...

amen to the nesting thing :) i feel the same way right now! way to go on the potty training-- we will be doing that next week with little Randy... wish me luck! Miss you guys!!

p.s. you are such a cute pregnant lady :)

Brady, Theresa, & Lily said...

Sooo cute! I love your blog and congrats Owen!! He looks so cute on his little potty:) Lily has a little pink potty and she sits on it but that's it:( You'll have to give me some tips:) See you soon!

Christine said...

Congrats on your baby girl! (it's me, Mason's sister) I like to check your blog through Ashley's once in a while to see how you're doing, it was so fun to meet you and I know my family loves you!
Plus, you usually have more pictures of my nieces and nephews on your blog than Melina or Darcy have on theirs :)
Good luck with your labor, and with that Banning heat!